BBQ Pork Meatball Skewers & Slaw
Prep: 20 minutes plus soaking
Grill: 10 minutes • Serves: 4
1 pound ground pork
1 Fresh Harvest Large Egg
1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon Food Club Ground Black Pepper
Food Club Nonstick Cooking Spray
1/2 cup Food Club Barbeque Sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Food Club Olive Oil
1 bag (14 ounces) classic coleslaw mix
Chopped green onion for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat; soak skewers in water 20 minutes.
2. In large bowl, gently mix pork, egg, jalapeño, onion, breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; form into 1-1/2-inch meatballs. Makes about 20 meatballs.
3. Thread meatballs onto skewers; spray with cooking spray. Place skewers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160°, brushing with 1/4 cup barbeque sauce after 5 minutes and turning once.
4. In large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; add coleslaw mix and toss. Makes about 4 cups.
5. Serve skewers over slaw drizzled with remaining 1/4 cup barbeque sauce garnished with green onion, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 skewer, 1 cup slaw):
440 Calories, 25g Fat (8g Saturated), 122mg Cholesterol,
823mg Sodium, 28g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 25g Protein